Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon
- Posted on: Mar 15 2019
Are you interested in getting plastic surgery? Then, finding the right surgeon is the first step you need to take. A plastic surgeon that you can trust will help you find the right procedure for you and will help you understand everything to expect before and after it’s done. If you want the best results from your surgery, you’ll want right the best surgeon. Keep reading for some great questions to ask your plastic surgeon, before you even choose your surgery.
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Are you a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- How many surgeries of this type have you performed?
- Am I a good candidate for this surgery? Do you have any concerns?
- Where and how will you perform my surgery? Is this different from how other surgeons perform it?
- What do you predict my results will be like?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
- Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency? Is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- How long should I expect my recovery period to be?
- What kind of assistance will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my chosen procedure?
- How are complications handled in surgery? Afterwards?
- What are my options if I am not happy with the outcome or results of my surgery?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for each procedure so I know what to expect?
Having the right questions answered in a satisfactory way will help you find the right plastic surgeon for you. And, finding the right surgeon is the most important thing, even more important than your procedure. If you see a doctor who doesn’t make you feel confident, move on and find another. Keep going until you feel confident. And ask questions. If you know what to expect, you’ll feel more in control. If you’re ready to learn more, give us a call at (847) 291-6900 to schedule a consultation today.
Posted in: Plastic Surgery