There are some important things to remember now that summer is around the corner and sun exposure is at a higher rate. Here are a few things to keep in mind for keeping you safe and healthy:
- Don’t allow yourself to burn
- Seek shade especially between the hours of 10-4
- Apply sunscreen 30 minutes before exposure- 2 tablespoons for your entire body
- Use a broad spectrum UVA, UVB sunscreen at least 30 SPF or higher when you know you’ll be in the sun
- Do a self head to toe skin exam every month and see your dermatologist once a year to keep your skin safe and healthy
Keep these guidelines in mind and you’ll have a happy and healthy season!