Make 2018 An Eye-Opening Experience
- Posted on: Dec 15 2017
The eyes are the most extraordinary feature of the human body. They not only allow us to see the world, but the eyes also capture people’s attention and share a piece of our personal stories. The aging process makes subtle changes to the eye area that miscommunicate how we feel. We may look tired, angry or frustrated when we are feeling joyous, delighted and beyond happy. Fortunately, Dr. Daniel Tresley can help. As a board-certified ophthalmologist and oculofacial plastic surgeon, he offers cosmetic surgical procedures, as well as non-surgical eye rejuvenation treatments.
The Effects of Aging on Your Eyes
The aging process affects the eye area just as it does other parts of your face and body. The delicate skin around the eyes may lose elasticity, which causes it to sag and develops fine lines. Facial fat also shifts, and this is most obvious in the upper eyelids.
Common Signs of Aging Around the Eyes
The most common signs of aging around the eyes are:
- Fine lines at the corners of the eyes (crow’s feet)
- Sagging upper and lower eyelids
- Vertical lines between the eyes
- Horizontal creases across the forehead
Popular Eye Rejuvenation Treatments
Dr. Tresley offers several eye rejuvenation treatments.
- Blepharoplasty: Eyelid surgery helps with sagging of the upper and lower eyelids. Performing the surgery on the lower eyelids also helps with fine lines and bags under the eyes.
- Brow/Forehead Lift: The brow and forehead area may sag with age, and this creates horizontal lines on the forehead and may also make the eyes look tired and less alert.
- Botox®, Dysport®, and Xeomin®: These injectable treatments provide temporary anti-aging benefits for several months and work by relaxing muscles that pinch the skin. Treatment takes less than one hour, and no downtime is required.
Want to Learn More About Anti-Aging Eye Treatments? Contact Dr. Daniel Tresley.
To learn more about anti-aging eye treatments, eyelid scar revision, dermal fillers and our other services, contact Dr. Daniel Tresley to schedule an appointment at our Chicago-area office located in Northbrook. You can also contact us directly at (847) 291-6900.
Posted in: Cosmetic Surgical Services